This MICRO Standard Report illustrates the combined London & New York Impressionist & Modern and Contemporary Evening Sales auction results on an annual basis over the last twelve years (2007 to 2018) at the three major auction houses (CHRISTIE’S, SOTHEBY’S & PHILLIPS).
The 7 page report includes charts displaying:
- Number of artworks catalogued
- Number of artworks withdrawn
- Value of artworks cataloged based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Value of artworks Withdrawn based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Number of artworks auctioned
- Number of artworks bought-in
- Number of artworks sold
- Value of artworks auctioned based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Value of artworks bought-in based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Value of artworks sold based on their Hammer Prices (HP)
- Comparative chart displaying the total Low Estimate (LE), total High Estimate (HE) and the Hammer Price (HP) for each year
- Average Hammer Price obtained versus average LE and average HE
- Volume comparison, over time, of the number of lots purchased by buyers at an HP above the LE, at the LE, below the LE or below the Reserve Price (at which point the artwork was Bought-in/unsold)
- Comparison, over time, of the HP less the LE to demonstrate market volatility and the differential in expectations between sellers and buyers. Colour codification to distinguish upside and downside.
- Two-dimensional mapping of the Hammer Price (HP) obtained at auction versus the initial Low Estimate (LE) of all individual lots auctioned from 2007 to 2018
This Pi-eX report includes an exhaustive count of all lots catalogued and auctioned at repeating evening sales in London and New York over the period defined with less than 0.001% of lots omitted.