This MICRO Tailored Report illustrates the New York Post-War & Contemporary Fall Day Sales auction results over the last fourteen years (2007 to 2020) at CHRISTIE'S.
The 7 page report includes charts displaying:
- Number of artworks catalogued
- Number of artworks withdrawn
- Value of artworks cataloged based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Value of artworks Withdrawn based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Number of artworks auctioned
- Number of artworks bought-in
- Number of artworks sold
- Value of artworks auctioned based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Value of artworks bought-in based on their Low Estimates (LE)
- Value of artworks sold based on their Hammer Prices (HP)
- Comparative chart displaying the total Low Estimate (LE), total High Estimate (HE) and the Hammer Price (HP) for each year
- Average Hammer Price obtained versus average LE and average HE
- Volume comparison, over time, of the number of lots purchased by buyers at an HP above the LE, at the LE, below the LE or below the Reserve Price (at which point the artwork was Bought-in/unsold)
- Comparison, over time, of the HP less the LE to demonstrate market volatility and the differential in expectations between sellers and buyers. Colour codification to distinguish upside and downside
- Volume comparison, overtime, of the number of lots covered by Auction House Guarantees and Irrevocable Bids versus lots without Guarantees.
- Value comparison, overtime, of the total HP of lots covered by Auction House Guarantees and Irrevocable Bids versus the total HP of lots without Guarantees
This Pi-eX report includes an exhaustive count of all lots catalogued and auctioned at repeating Contemporary and Impressionist evening sales in New York over the period defined.